Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

HAPPY 2011

If you didn’t know there are several web sites dedicated to making or creating resolutions for the New Year. They list the top ten resolutions. Number one is to lose weight. Judge Terry Dempsey has followed this mighty tradition with the desire to lose 30 pounds in 2011.


Number two on the list is to get organized. Our District attorney Joey Rushing has a variation on this. He stayed after the courthouse closed over the holiday and cleaned up his office. He resolves to keep the top of his desk so clean that he can see the person who is sitting on the other side of the desk.

Spend less and save more is in third place on the web. No one told me that this is their resolution. Maybe we should all save more and we may all spend less because of the doom predictions on the economy. In my Pollyanna world this is not going to be a problem.

Number four on the web’s list is to enjoy life to the fullest. It isn’t my resolution but I do try and enjoy myself each day. I often tell my son John Isaac to have fun. He is at Birmingham Southern College and I want him to have much fun now. When he has a job, family, and responsibility it may be difficult to just let go and enjoy.

Melissa Cason said that her resolution is to have more fun, get more fit and to stay fabulous! I think she is in the spirit of number four. However, it also goes with number five which is to get fit and to stay healthy. Molly Ann Bates said, “Mine are the same as most people’s Diet, exercise, and try to survive. I want to stay healthy too. I just don’t want to do those yucky healthy things.

Number six is to learn something exciting. In my job I learn many exciting things most of which I can’t repeat. I have tried now for three years to learn Spanish. I can now say a few colors count to five and know lots of food names.. taco .. burrito, cheese dip.

Quit smoking is number seven. This is very hard to do. If this is your resolution let me know and I will pray for you. I believe that this can be done with Divine intervention. This leads me to number eight; helping others.

To fall in love is number nine. My experience has been that it is too easy to fall in love. The trick is to fall in love with the right person. This flows right into number ten spending more time with family. I think with all of the snow we have done this for 2010 now on to next year.

Tawanna Kendrick Richardson said, "Actually this was from last year but it worked. Every time something from my past that was negative came to mind I would change the thought to something positive." Paula Norris Mullens said, “How about simply refocus... That's what I plan on doing. Reset my focus..”

Joan Allen resolves to have quite evenings of meditation. My daughter, Hannah Grace says that she wants to be a better and nicer person. She is the best just ask me. Oh! Maybe my resolution should be to stop bragging about my kids and grandkids. No, that just not possible.
 You might want to check out these sites
www.kcnewyears.com/newyearsresolutions
www.2011resolutions.org

No comments:

Post a Comment