Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 15, 2015











esterday was a day of travel. Husband drove me to the airport in Huntsville. I had enough time to buy a cup of get er-going-coffee before I got going on the plane. I had the seat in the very back of the plane next to a beautiful woman. It turned out she had been a fashion model but now works for a juicing company. She was a little afraid of flying. Which was cute because every time the plane bucked she grabbed the are rest in an attempt to keep it in the air. I tried to keep her calm. I told her not to worry the tail always broke off of the plane in a crash.

My neighbor was also on the plane. We hadn't planned it. She was on her way to California. We seldom see one another. Too busy. But we took a moment on the plane.

I was in Houston forever. The flight was delayed. Our plane arrived an hour late which made everything late.  I was in the very back seat again. I guess I need to choose my seat when I fly. This time the woman next to me spoke no English and I speak no Spanish. We got along just fine.

When you fly into Mexico City, it is just like any big airport in the USA. Dunkin Donnuts, Star Bucks, restaurants and bars. You travel down a Corridor to find that you are in a large room. A sign directs all foreigners to the left. It takes a second to realize hey I'm the foreigner. I handed the man my entry papers and he directed me to booth 14. A few seconds later I was on my way to see if my luggage would be searched. We when entering Mexico you have to declare in writing that you are not bringing any money or other items valued at more than $10,000. You also swear you are not bringing in any animals alive or dead. You hand your declaration to the person who glances at it. Then you push a button. A sign lights up. If it lights up red you are lead over to a counter where they take everything out of your luggage and inspect it. When mine lit up green I shouted "Yes! baby!" And pumped my fist in the air. I need to get over being so shy.


Charlie Goff was waiting to meet me. He took me to eat at an Italian restaurant in the airport. Where I ate pasta. I drank Mexican wine. For desert I had Apple strudel with ice cream.  I was full and tired and relaxed.

Charlie drove us around Mexico City which was dark. I thought we were getting pulled over because police cars were coming behind us with all their lights lit up. Charlie told me that in the night time the police always run with their lights on. If they are after someone they turn on their sirens.  It looked like there were hundreds of police cars out because of this. It makes you feel very safe.

Charlie told me about the Blessed Virgin of Guadalupe. He also told me about how the Jaguar got his spots and why the Eagles wings are dark and why there is a rabbit in the moon.  We got to the hotel after midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment