Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2015

Sacrifice and Murder

Today has been a very busy day. First I woke up a little after 5 in the morning. I played at getting on the Internet. I got dressed and walked around the hotel.




I had a traditional Mexican breakfast. Afterwards we went to see the pyramids and the ruins around Mexico City. Before lunch we climbed the Pyramid of the Sun.

We had lunch at a wonderful little restaurant close to the pyramids. I do not know what I ate but it was good. I know that I was very thirsty and craving a real Coke. I had one of the wonderful Coke Colas you can get in Mexico. It has pure cane sugar, no corn sirup and was in a glass bottle. Sweet heaven!

Then I went to the museum of anthropology.  Where we saw many displays of the pyramids.
The human sacrifice is hard to wrap my head around. Charlie said that when you can get human sacrifice you get so many other things about the world we live in today.  It was an honor then to be killed for the rain god or for the serpent god. The ancients had beautiful bowls where human hearts were placed to offer to the gods.  

After looking at old Mexico and trying to understand the history, Charlie and I spent time researching and trying to understand the motivations for killing today. We worked on our case for several hours.

It is now well after midnight. I'm trying to find sleep in a wonderful bread and breakfast. Sleep hides from me as I try to formulate the reasons behind modern murder.




No comments:

Post a Comment